Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hello World, and welcome to my blog.

For those of you who are unaware, this blog exists as a medium through which I can analyze examples of visual rhetoric in such a manner that my worldly peers and superiors can render judgements and accolades down upon me without me having to print 6 billion pages off and distribute them worldwide.
So basically I'm going to post some pictures and talk about them all smart-like.

We’ll start out with something simple; a picture that expresses something about me as an individual. Ready? Bam!



Ok, this is... well, this is a parking lot. But it’s not just any parking lot! It’s a rainbow parking lot.

So... hmmm. Yeah. It doesn’t seem like much, does it?

Well this image means a lot to me. I found this on the Traditional Games board of 4chan a while back, so I have no clue who took it or altered it, but I occasionally pull it out when I need inspiration for my writing.
See, I'm the kind of person who likes to play around with the idea that there is this whimsy, just this little bit of wonder, lurking everywhere just below the surface of reality. I believe that those who look can find all sorts of fantastic and wonderful things. This picture pretty much reflects this to a tee. Yes, it’s a parking lot, but by making it a rainbow it becomes a fantastic parking lot, an ephemeral thing, as though from a dream or fairy tale. There connotations involved with the dark and stormy night, or even the grey and foggy night, and they are still there, the shape still looks sinister and the striking symatry still drives this home; but rather than just being something of horror, the bright colors allude to their being something friendly or perhaps playful in the night as well. It’s a combination of being very creepy and very inviting and that sort of theme calls to me as a writer.

So there you have it. A taste of things to come. A picture blag on the internets. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment